Sunday 3 May 2009

Beltane

I started off the day waking up to go to the loo and realising the sun was about to rise I felt suddenly (and uncharacteristically at that time in the morning!) full of energy - so got the dog, who was amazed, and headed off to see it rise at Pendennis point. We were blessed with a beautiful dawn.

The picture below is looking back into the woods.


Later on that morning we went for a walk around Mawnan and I had tea and date slice at Glendurgan, which I shared with a chaffinch. On the walk I passed by a hedge and a blackbird flew out and then I heard some cheeping so I had a peep and saw a nest with three (at least) babies. Below is a photo but I didn't get too close for fear of disturbing them too much, I think you can make out a beak if you enlarge the picture. I always feel so lucky to be shown wild things living their lives, it felt very special as it was Beltane.


Below is a Cornish hedgerow so full of wild flowers

No comments: