Sunday 20 December 2009

Solstice moon


Here is the moon this evening. A beautiful crescent for solstice. Below is a picture of the mistletoe in the centre of the room where we had the OBOD Midwinter Gathering the other day. We had a wonderful time, with poetry, music, stories and food.

I have been rather low lately, hence the lack of blogging, I am going through a time of questioning and feel a need for a change somehow to allow me to be more creative whilst also simplifying my life. My job is very insecure at the moment and perhaps this will give me the incentive to change things, but my lack of energy does not help my motivation. Tonight I will reflect.

A midwinter scene here in Cornwall and below are starlings coming in to roost at a nature reserve near Glasonbury on 11th December. I hope to go back there in January or February to see them again. As they go overhead there is an amazing rushing sound.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Happy Solstice to you:) Love the moon and mistletoe pictures. Sadly the blizzard last night covered the moon here.
I always fins Winter solstice a questioning time, time when I need to make decisions about where I want to go and what I want to do creatively.
Sending strength for your decision making