Wednesday 1 April 2009

This post is brought to you by the letter 'M'

This is a game that has been going around blogs for a while - the idea is to find ten things that you like starting with the given letter - the letter M was given to me by Crobbles. If you would like a letter please let me know. Here are my choices:

MOTHERS
- my own Mum and all mothers everywhere and of course, Mother Earth

MEG




my dog companion. Wise, loyal, fun, gentle, sensitive, with the spirit of the wild still in her. She came to me from a rescue home at the age of 6 months, chosen by my son and I feel lucky and privileged to share her life. Her mother is a Springer Spaniel and her father apparently a Border Collie/Greyhound type of lurcher, I can see traits of all three in her.

MOON - lovely moon

MAGNOLIAS





these pictures were taken in Trelissick Gardens and Fox Rosehill Gardens on 24th March. There are so many in blossom at the moment.

MERLIN - I am obsessed with anything to do with stories about Merlin. I particularly love the ones by Mary Stewart the first of which is Crystal Cave. Along with Merlin and King Arthur stories I also love to read myths from other times and cultures. When I was a child I read the Greek myths many times. I have not read the Mabinogion yet so that is on my list.

MUSIC - Mozart, Van Morrison, Bob Marley, Miles Davis, Mariza, Loreena McKennitt just to name a few with M in their name

MEALTIMES - I enjoy my food and meals shared with family and friends.

MOONSTONE - beautiful stones that seem to catch the moonlight.

MAY

the month I was born in and so special to me. A lovely month, beginning with Beltane, with May blossom everywhere and the land bursting with life. We often go on holiday to the Somerset levels in May, near Glastonbury.

MEN - well I couldn't really leave them out, could I.


2 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Fabulous post and so many signs of Spring within it

Crobbles said...

Wonderful :-)

Meg looks so much like our Dexter. He was a wild one too.