Thursday 23 April 2009

Spring colours, ladybird and butterfly

Spring is in her full glory now here in Cornwall

There are so many flowers out at the moment it gets quite overwhelming. Here are a few photos from the last couple of days.

The bluebells are out


and valerian


and the sunshine has brought out this ladybird, the first one I've seen this year







I saw this comma butterfly at Penrose near Helston, and there was a Peacock butterfly in the front garden yesterday



I'm off to Wales ready for Wonderwool tomorrow morning and am spending a few days away culminating in a Bob Dylan concert on Tuesday night in Cardiff!! I've loved him since I was a teenager and now at 55 will be seeing him live for the first time!

1 comment:

Crobbles said...

Lovely to see the Comma butterfly. It's one of my favourites. We have seen a few up north too, Orange Tip, Peacock, Cabbage Whites and I think a Gatekeeper , although it's hard to tell with fast moving, little brown butterflies! Your flowers are definitely a few weeks ahead of ours.